Is my child using drugs?!?
Drug & Alcohol Testing for Parents
We hear concerns from parents daily. Is my child using drugs? It can be scary to think that your child might use alcohol or other drugs. It may help you to know that many parents share your fears. But don’t let fear hold you back. Now is the time to do something. Get answers today. Children are being exposed to drugs at younger ages. Some parents want to believe that their young children have never tried drugs and won’t ever develop a drug problem. The facts are…
Children are pressured to use drugs.
• 1 in 4 children in 4th grade say there is peer pressure to use marijuana.
• Almost half of 6th graders report peer pressure to drink alcohol.
• Almost half of 4th, 5th, and 6th graders say they feel pressured to smoke cigarettes.
• 1 in 4 children in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades feels pressured to use crack/cocaine.
• Children use drugs to fit in…
• 4 in 10 children in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades say they would begin using alcohol to fit in and feel older.
• 4 in 10 children in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades say they would use crack/cocaine to fit in and feel older.
Some children already use drugs.
• 2 percent of all 12th graders get high on marijuana every day.
• 13 percent of 8th graders and 30 percent of seniors had binged on alcohol (consumed 5 or more drinks in a row) in the 2 weeks just before the survey.
Drugs are available to children.
• A recent study indicated that half of 11th and 12th graders said it would be easy to buy drugs at school.
• 80 percent of all 12th graders say it would be easy to get marijuana.
• Studies show that the younger a child is when he or she first uses alcohol, marijuana, or cigarettes, the more likely it is the child will have some type of drug abuse problem later in life.
If you think your child may be using drugs, and would like to know so you may get them the help they need, please contact us. AMC offers simple single step testing kits that you may perform in the privacy of your home. Test results are available within 3 – 8 minutes. These kits may be ordered online and will be sent in confidential packaging to your home.
We are committed to providing safe, confidential results. If you are interested in performing lab based drug screening at your local collection site, please call today.